Rhino Software heeft versie 188.8.131.52 van Serv-U uitgebracht. Serv-U is een kleine, maar uitgebreide ftp-server, die verkrijgbaar is in de uitvoeringen Bronze, Silver en Gold. Serv-U kan de eerste dertig dagen in de Gold-uitvoering worden geprobeerd. Gedurende die tijd biedt de software onder meer een ongelimiteerd aantal domeinen, gebruikersadministratie per domein en gelijktijdige verbindingen, en is het mogelijk om beveiligde verbindingen op te zetten. Na de dertig dagen moet er een sleutel worden aangeschaft. De gratis Personal Edition bestaat niet meer. Sinds de vorige vermelding in de Meuktracker zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
Serv-U Version 184.108.40.206Features:
- Added support for using the Mobile Web Client with the Amazon Silk mobile browser (Kindle Fire).
- Changed the tray applications "Display Notifications" to apply to only Serv-U's notifications not events. Events are now shown regardless of this option.
- Improved Web Client Pro's launch confirmation dialog to make it easier to understand.
- Corrected a bug, discovered in-house, where an old administrative session could potentially cause Serv-U to crash after a Serv-U restart.
- Corrected an HTTP Windows Authentication bug where the login would not complete and appear to hang.
- Corrected an FTP download bug where the compressed and uncompressed totals returned in the "226 Transfer complete..." response was incomplete. This problem usually only occurred after transferring a file locally (localhost, 127.0.0.1, or ::1).
- Corrected an FTP upload bug where the compressed total returned in the "226 Transfer complete..." response incomplete, usually by 2 bytes.
- Corrected a rename bug, introduced in 220.127.116.11, where renaming a file within the same parent directory required write permission in the parent directory.
- Corrected a database mapping bug where using non-default values for tables, would cause the loss of the search attribute rending the table unavailable.
- Corrected a Mobile Web Client bug where the URL address bar was not scrolling out of view when previewing images.
- Corrected a Management Console bug where the "Spy Chat" session information would overflow the dialog when the location path was very long.
Serv-U Version 18.104.22.168Bug Fixes:
- Corrected a security issue where it was possible to see directories, create directories, and download files above a user's root directory (Secunia SA47021; discovered by kingcope). This security error has been in Serv-U since Serv-U version 1.0.
- Corrected a bug where end-users could delete their home directory.
- Corrected an SFTP (via SSH2) upload transfer rate bug where the domain, user, and group active transfer statistics were incorrect.
- Corrected a move file bug where the new parent directory's permissions were being checked when the new directory was different from the original.
- Corrected a bug where PASV listen sockets would remain open until after they were no longer needed. This could cause some systems to use too much memory or eventually fail to accept FTP data connections.
- Corrected a bug when creating a new domain, the domain would not go "on-line". Firing startup events, writing to the log, and starting statistics would not occur unless the domain was manually disabled then enabled or Serv-U was restarted.
- Corrected a bug where Serv-U did not properly verify that upgrade protection is valid for a new version being installed on Windows Vista or newer.
- Corrected a Management Console bug where button icons were misplaced when using a Firefox browser on a Linux OS.
- Corrected a bug in the Web Client where file and directory names containing ampersands could not be moved using drag and drop.
- Corrected a Management Console bug where combo box drop-down lists would persist when the containing dialog was closed while the combo box drop-down list was still active.
- Corrected a Mobile Web Client bug where navigating to directories with certain characters in the name would result in an error.
Serv-U 22.214.171.124 screenshot, klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere versie.