Opera Mobile is een webbrowser voor mobiele telefoons en stelt gebruikers in staat om onder meer over het internet te surfen en rss-feeds te bekijken. In tegenstelling tot Opera Mini, dat de opgevraagde pagina's via de de servers van Opera ophaalt, worden pagina's compleet binnengehaald en vervolgens in een formaat gerendert dat geschikt is voor de gebruikte telefoon. Opera heeft versie 11 van zijn mobile-browser uitgebracht met de volgende aankondigingen:
Opera Mobile 11 for Android and Symbian
Big day at the Opera! We are launching Opera Mobile 11 for Android and Symbian/S60. Download now direct to your device from m.opera.com, or get it in the Android Market.
Heads up to current users: Tap to zoom has been changed from single-click to double-click. You can now click links and activate Flash content in overview mode, without having to zoom in first (yes, that's right, the Android version now supports Flash).
So what else is new? A lot:
- Modernized new user interface
- New UI optimized for tablet devices
- Faster framerates when panning and zooming
- No checkerboard, ever
- Text stays sharp during zooming
- Improved text-wrap on zoom
- Smart-tap, auto-zoom and highlights links if ambiguous link click
- Incremental zooming for devices w/o multi-touch
- Buttons for jumping to the top/bottom of the page
- Haptic feedback (if supported in hardware)
- Share URL on social networks, email etc
- Improved Geolocation support
- Session restore
- Presto 2.7.81
- Adobe Flash support (Android only, Flash player available separately in Android Market)
- Click-to-play, load Flash content on demand only
- Application Cache
- WebStorage and WebDatabase
- DOM touch and multi-touch events
- HTML5 Audio/Video
- Support for CSS @viewport
- Improved support for meta viewport
- Support for Web Open Font Format (WOFF)
- Support for Arabic ligatures
- Improved form fields skin
- Fixed startup problems on Archos devices and Motorola Atrix
Opera Mobile 11 is also available as labs releases for Maemo, MeeGo and Windows (as in Windows 7 tablets). See labs.opera.com for more information.
- Support native clipboard on Symbian 5th ed and Symbian^3
- Support for half-screen keyboard on Symbian^3 phones
- Added Thai, Hebrew and Arabic fonts
- Added localization for Malay language (APAC build)
Download direct to your devices from m.opera.com. After downloading, head over to our forums to discuss.
Personally, I use Opera Mobile when on WiFi and Opera Mini when on the move. And Opera Link to synchronize my Speed Dials between them. More information in the Opera Mini blog.
Opera Mobile 11 labs release for Maemo, MeeGo and Windows
In this day of releases, we are also launching "labs" versions of Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo, MeeGo and Windows platforms (that's desktop Windows, as in tablets and other devices with touch screens, not Windows Phone 7).
The product is the same as the version for Android and Symbian also launched today. See the product pages for more information.
"Labs" status means:
That said, we humbly believe they are all still big improvements over any other browser alternative for these platforms . So if you have one of those devices, head over to labs.opera.com for more information and downloads.
- Less extensive testing and more known issues
- Less platform integration
- No guarantee that there will be any further releases for the platform