Netgear heeft nieuwe firmware beschikbaar gesteld voor de WNDR3700. Deze netwerkrouter bevat vier gigabitpoorten en kan draadloze verbindingen opzetten via de 802.11b-, 802.11g- en 802.11n-protocollen. Firmware 22.214.171.124 maakt onder andere de router geschikt om als DLNA-compliant server in het netwerk op te treden, wanneer er een usb harde schijf op is aangesloten. Daarnaast is de trafficmeter verbeterd en zijn er enkele bugfixes doorgevoerd. Hieronder is de volledige lijst met veranderingen en verbeteringen in deze release te vinden:
New Features & Bug Fixes:
- New feature: ReadyDLNA as a DLNA compliant server to serve all DLNA clients like Xbox360, PS3, DLNA certified TVs. The DLNA server starts to run after any recognized USB storage is attached to WNDR3700.
- New feature: Parental control with CD v2.0.
- New feature: CD v2.0 supports Win 7 and 64-bit OS of XP, Vista and Win 7. If you have a 64-bit system, please download CD content from www.netgear.com/win7 or run the setup by logging into http://routerlogin.net and clicking on the 'Setup Wizard'.
- Enhancement: The traffic meter can support WAN type as DHCP, Static IP, PPPoE and PPTP. Please update your Firmware, if you plan to use Traffic Meter.
- Enhancement: The traffic meter now monitors data traffic every 1 second.
- Enhancement: Change default channel to channel 153 on the 5 GHz Band which will provide better range
- Fixed: Time Zone feature was showing the wrong day on current time.
- Fixed: WNDR3700 sometimes locked up when a USB hard drive is connected, if there are many thousands of folders and files.
- Fixed: Was unable to setup Quality of Service (QoS) by MAC Address, if there is an unknown device in the attached device list.
- Fixed: Was unable to block 5GHz adapter from Access list.
- NTFS write performance (upload to WNDR3700 attached USB storage) is slower than read.
- Sometimes clicking “Safely remove USB device” button can't remove USB storage safely.
Workaround: Make sure you are not accessing the attached USB device and the LED on USB device is not blinking (it means no one is accessing it). Then you need to remove the USB device directly and ignore the message about “remove USB device failure) from web GUI.
- The record time interval of storing statistics data in traffic meter is extended to 60 mins instead of 5 mins to extend flash sector life time. If you power off router in between, you may see the statistics data to be slightly inconsistent. We’ll solve this problem soon and shorten the record time interval less than 5 mins.
Workaround: Don’t power off router if you want most accurate measure of traffic statistics data. This will be fixed in upcoming firmware.
- Some ISP modem services will be detected as Static IP by using CD Smart Wizard or web GUI setup wizard.
Workaround: Please log in web GUI without running CD directly, choose basic setting in the setup category->select “No”-> Click “Apply”. Then you should be able to get IP address from your ISP and connect to internet.
- If a conflict DNS address is assigned by DHCP server (IP address is not conflict) from WAN side of WNDR3700, it won’t be found as an IP conflict. The LAN IP address won’t be changed.
Workaround: Modify LAN IP address manually.
- ReadyShare Internet access - Enable ReadyShare Internet access via ftp with default port 21, it still allows users to add port forward rule using port 21. Enable ReadyShare Internet access via http with default port 80, it still allows users to add port forward rule using port 80.
Workaround: Change the ftp and http port to other ports in ReadyShare advanced settings page if users want to add port forwarding rule with port 21 or 80.