De ontwikkelaars van Mandriva Linux hebben onlangs de eerste bèta van versie 2010.0 uitgebracht. Deze uitgave is onder andere voorzien van KDE 4.3, Gnome 2.27.90, Amarok 2.1.1 en Xorg 1.6.3. Daarnaast wordt Linux-kernel 2.6.31 rc6 en OpenOffice.org 3.1 gebaseerd op Go-OO meegeleverd. De aankondiging op de blog van de ontwikkelaars ziet er als volgt uit:
Mandriva Linux 2010 beta version is available
Mandriva Linux 2010 Beta version is now available on public mirrors. This Beta version is available through:
These isos are hybrid isos which means you can dump it on an USB key to instal it. Use Mandriva-seeds, it’s as easy as a click! This beta version comes with many major updates and new executing stuff:
- Free version, 32 and 64 bit DVDs
- One version, KDE or GNOME (note that all languages are not yet available) – One isos will be uploaded next week
Please note that final graphical design is still not available.
- Plymouth is now managing boot splash. It allows many more possibilities for design and effects. It comes also with KMS activation, which reduces screen flickering, permits smooth transitions between boot phase and X startup.
- Netprofile tool has been completely rewritten. Move your desktop without even thinking about managing your network profiles.
- Tomoyo-gui is the first GUI for Tomoyo developped by Mandriva engineer. A web site will be soon available to create a developer community around this project.
- KDE 4.3 reaches stable release with many improvments and stability
- G NOME 2.27.90
- Kernel 2.6.31 rc6
You will find detailed informations about Beta on Mandriva wiki. Please help us by testing this beta release and report bugs to Mandriva.