Mysql is een krachtige opensourcedatabaseserver die met name populair is als website- en forumdatabase. Ook Tweakers.net maakt gebruik van Mysql om onder andere gebruikersgegevens, statistieken en diverse review-, meuk- en nieuwsartikelen in op te slaan. De ontwikkelaars hebben een nieuwe versie uit de 5.1-tak uitgebracht. Het gaat om versie 5.1.30, die door de ontwikkelaars 'General Availability' is genoemd en daarmee ook stable is verklaard. Voor meer informatie over de verbeteringen in de 5.1-release verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De lijst met veranderingen ten opzichte van versie 5.1.29 ziet er als volgt uit:
Bugs fixed in MySQL 5.1.30:
- Partitioning: A SELECT using a range WHERE condition with an ORDER BY on a partitioned table caused a server crash. (Bug#40494)
- Partitioning: Dropping or creating an index on a partitioned table managed by the InnoDB Plugin locked the table. (Bug#37453)
- Replication: Row-based replication failed with non-partitioned MyISAM tables having no indexes. (Bug#40004)
- With statement-based binary logging format and a transaction isolation level of READ COMMITTED or stricter, InnoDB printed an error because statement-based logging might lead to inconsistency between master and slave databases. However, this error was printed even when binary logging was not enabled (in which case, no such inconsistency can occur). (Bug#40360)
- The CHECK TABLE ... FOR UPGRADE statement did not check for incompatible collation changes made in MySQL 5.1.24. (This also affects mysqlcheck and mysql_upgrade, which cause that statement to be executed.)
Prior to this fix, a binary upgrade (performed without dumping tables with mysqldump before the upgrade and reloading the dump file after the upgrade) would corrupt tables. After the fix, CHECK TABLE ... FOR UPGRADE properly detects the problem and upgrades tables.
However, the fix is not backward compatible and can result in a downgrading problem under these circumstances:
The solution is to dump tables with mysqldump before the downgrade and reload the dump file after the downgrade. Alternatively, drop and recreate affected indexes. (Bug#40053)
- Perform a binary upgrade to a version of MySQL that includes the fix.
- Run CHECK TABLE ... FOR UPGRADE (or mysqlcheck or mysql_upgrade) to upgrade tables.
- Perform a binary downgrade to a version of MySQL that does not include the fix.
- Some recent releases for Solaris 10 were built on Solaris 10 U5, which included a new version of libnsl.so that does not work on U4 or earlier. To correct this, Solaris 10 builds now are created on machines that do not have that upgraded libnsl.so, so that they will work on Solaris 10 installations both with and without the upgraded libnsl.so. (Bug#39074)
- XA transaction rollbacks could result in corrupted transaction states and a server crash. (Bug#28323)
- ALTER TABLE for an ENUM column could change column values. (Bug#23113)