Op de geheel vernieuwde OmegaDrivers-website kan sinds gisteren een nieuwe versie van de Omega Catalyst drivers worden opgehaald. Ook de drivers zelf zijn flink onder handen genomen. Angel Trinidad heeft het generatienummer dan ook van 3 naar 4 verhoogd en het versienummer is daardoor op 4.8.442 uitgekomen. De Omega-drivers zijn gebaseerd op de officiŽle drivers van ATi, maar bevatten diverse aanpassingen die de computer stabieler moeten houden terwijl er geprobeerd wordt de beeldkwaliteit te verhogen en een aantal extra frames per seconde in spellen te behalen. De drivers zijn alleen geschikt voor Windows 2000 en Windows XP, maar Angel draait sinds kort eindelijk (via een dual-boot) Windows Vista, dus er zullen op niet al te lange termijn ook Omega drivers voor Windows Vista komen. Het changelog van deze release ziet er in ieder geval als volgt uit:
What's New in Omega Drivers version 4.8.442
- Based on the Catalyst 7.12 Official drivers.
- Major video card support rewrite from scratch. This time every Radeon card under the sun should be supported, if the divers don't install on your card you either have a freak of nature card or a card too new that not even the ATI has support for it. ;) (Many thanks to all the people that sent their unsupported IDs)
- Added support for desktop HD3k Series and laptop HD2k Series.
- Experimental Gamma settings. Now whatever gamma setting you set on your desktop should pass on to your 3D applications. (tested with Adobe Gamma)
- The "temporary" fix for AGP cards still included. Waiting for ATI releases an official fix... *sigh*
- Upgraded installer to reflect logo/site changes.
- Upgraded drivers to v4 because of the previous details, plus thanks to a new install method I found, reduced the driver's size by a lot without loosing any features or options.
What's new for ATI Tray Tools version 220.127.116.117 beta
- After installing the drivers you will notice that they give you version number 3.8.442 instead or 4.8.442, no need to worry, is just a typo, sorry about that, I added the new version number when I was building the new installer and totally forgot about the driver build, since it was already compiled.
- For the 2D->3D gamma trick to work properly you must NOT run CCC (if you have it installed); when CCC is open it forces it's own gamma settings overriding any gamma you have set using a 3rd party tool. If you happen to open CCC by mistake, in order to recover the gamma correction values, you only need to run whatever gamma program you use and gamma should be back to your settings again.
- Since Overscan has been from the drivers, if you need to connect your PC to a regular TV that DOES need overscan in order to view it properly, you need to install the official CCC Control Panel from ATI after my drivers so you have access to the new "scaling" feature and scale the overscan to fit your needs.
- From Cat 6.6 and up ATI removed driver-level support for the following series of cards (including Mobility models): Radeon 7k, 8k, 9k-9250 Series. Since the Omega Drivers use ATI drivers as a base, that means they will also not include support for these chipsets, they may install, but the PC may give you a BSOD or a black screen upon boot, install newer drivers at your own risk. People that need to install Omega Drivers on these cards should use v3.8.252 or older, you can get these on the Archive section of my site.
- Fixed localization for CrossFire dialog window
- Updated ini files handling procedures to be more compatible with Windows Vista
- Improved compatibility with IE7 under Vista with UAC enabled???
- Added new localizations
- Added option to change "Black and White level"
- Fixed OSD rendering problem with Overlord game. (Thanks to Unwinder)
- Updated Overlay color handling procedure to support new ATI Overlay color modes
- Implemented Save/Restore icon positions under WinXP 64 and Vista 64.
- Updated support for Adaptive AntiAliasing. Added support Multi-Samplinmg and Super-Sampling modes
- Monitoring Graphs window now can be sent to system tray.
- Added option to auto load Monitoring Graphs window at start up
- Added option to hide tray icon on load. You can restore icon to access settings by starting ATT again. This will not load second copy of ATT in memory, but will send command to show tray icon. Also created new hotkey to hide and show tray icon.
- Added configuration option hide_display to hide Displays menu.